Valentine’s Day is a great time to teach your little ones about kindness and caring. Encourage them to fill this love bug letterbox with kind words and compliments for family members and friends. This is also a great activity to do at school to teach children to have compassion for their peers.
What you need:
- Empty Parmalat Growth Milk 3+ cartons, rinsed out and dried.
- Coloured cardboard and/or paper
- Coloured markers and/or children’s water-based paint
- Pipe cleaners
- Scissors/craft knife
- Cover your milk carton in coloured cardboard or paper.
- Using coloured markers and/or paint, decorate your love bug any way you want. Add spots, stripes, eyes and a smiley mouth!
- Cut out wings and glue them to your bug (Tip: make heart-shaped wings for a Valentine’s touch!)
- Using scissors or a craft knife (GROWNUPS ONLY), cut a slot in the top of your bug for kindness letters. On the side of your carton (under the wing) cut a small flap, just big enough to retrieve the notes.
- Add feelers and legs with pipe cleaners.
- Finally, cut small squares out of cardboard or paper and place next to the love bug for “secret admirers” to write their notes.