Not all cupcakes are made equal but these ruby-hued red velvet cupcakes are not only great for Valentine’s Day but they’re healthy too! We’ve swapped butter and buttermilk for Parmalat Medium Fat Smooth Yoghurt and sugar for xylitol.
- 1 ¾ cup plain flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup Parmalat Growth 3+
- ½ cup Parmalat Medium Fat Smooth Yoghurt
- 1 ½ cup xylitol
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp red liquid food colouring
- ¼ cup plus 3 tbsp Parmalat Low Fat Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp plain Parmalat Medium Fat Smooth Yoghurt
- 4-5 tbsp powdered sugar
- Red and pink (or a colour of your choice) food colouring
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line two muffin tins with 24 cupcake liners.
- Mix ½ cup yoghurt and sugar together until combined. Add vanilla essence, and eggs one at a time, beating until well-combined.
- Sift flour, baking powder and cocoa into a bowl, fold in milk, remaining yoghurt and red colouring then add to the sugar/yoghurt mixture. Don’t over beat .
- Divide into cupcake liners and bake for approximately 15 – 20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool completely before icing. Serve immediately.
Blend all ingredients together until completely smooth. Separate portions of icing if making different colour options.
*If a thinner icing is desired, you can add a little Parmalat Growth 3+ to thin it out. Serve immediately after icing your cupcakes.