Protein is an important nutrient for little bodies and is necessary for growth and development. These peanut butter and blueberry muffins are delicious and deliver a punch of protein power at breakfast, snack time and any time of the day!
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup uncooked oat bran
- 1 ¾ cup Parmalat Growth 3+
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup Parmalat plain medium fat smooth yoghurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180 C and grease a standard 12-muffin tin with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium sauce pan stir together oat bran and 1 cup Parmalat Growth 3+. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook 10-15 minutes until ready.
- In a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl combine remaining Parmalat Growth 3+, yoghurt, eggs, vanilla, and peanut butter and mix well. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in cooked oat bran and blueberries. Divide batter among muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.