Soup needn’t just be a winter warmer, it’s a delicious meal that can be enjoyed all year round. This summer soup, made with corn and potatoes, is light enough to eat during the warmer seasons yet also filling.
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ large white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 baby potatoes, quartered
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- 3 mielie cobs (kernels sliced off)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups Parmalat EasyGest Full Cream or Low-Fat Milk
- 2-3 stalks green onions for garnish
- To a large saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil, onion, and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add potatoes, season with a little salt and pepper, and cover to steam for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the corn, and stir.
- Add stock and Parmalat EasyGest Full Cream or Low-Fat Milk, cover, and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook until the potatoes are soft and slide off of a knife when pierced – about 5 minutes.
- If blending, add soup to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Transfer soup back to the saucepan and bring back to a simmer. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed. Cook for at least 10 minutes to let thicken.
- To serve, top with chopped green onion, and black pepper. Add a sprinkle of paprika for colour.