What child doesn’t like Halloween? We have a quick, easy Halloween chocolate recipe that is the perfect alternative to store-bought chocolate bars and sweets.
- 2 cups cocoa powder (adjust amount to type of chocolate you prefer i.e. dark, milk or white*)
- 3/4 cup cocoa butter or dairy butter
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup Parmalat Growth 3+
- 1/2 cup preferred sweetener
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Halloween-themed chocolate moulds
*Note that white chocolate contains NO cocoa powder so we would suggest using cocoa butter instead of dairy butter.
- Heat a saucepan of water until it simmers. Meanwhile, mix the cocoa powder and butter into a thick paste.
- Immerse the cocoa mixture in the heated water and bring back to simmering. Then remove the heated cocoa mixture and transfer to a bowl.
- Combine the sweeteners and salt. Mix together in a bowl or food processor until smooth.
- Add the combined sugar and salt to the cocoa mixture. Pour in Growth 3+ slowly while stirring thoroughly to remove any lumps.
- Pour the mixture into shaped moulds or other containers, then refrigerate for at least six hours or until the chocolate hardens.